The Art and Technology of Storytelling
Unleash Your Inner Storyteller
A good storyteller captures the listeners/readers attention;
a great storyteller engages the listener/reader until the story becomes theirs.
Storytelling like all of the arts, is a combination of technical skill and creativity. Join this seminar conversation to learn how to deliver your messages through riveting stories.
• Business leaders will learn how stories can illustrate how they became a leader in their field.
• Politicians can learn how to weave stories into their speeches, knowing that it is the shared story that binds their constituents to their platform or position.
• Teachers can use storytelling in the classroom as a natural strategy for informing and instructing. Stories telling of times past and times present contain the knowledge of the ages. Stories of what could be show us possibilities for our future.
• All religious traditions have stories of triumph over despair, stories shining a light where there once was darkness, stories of illumination and stories of enlightenment.
• Parents build a lasting bond with their children, bond built on closeness and shared exploration through stories. Storytelling and reading aloud to very young children builds brain connections and contributes to children’s overall physical, emotional and social development as well as preparing
children to be ready for school.
• Participants are introduced to the key elements of a story, practice in ways that build their skill as a storyteller, and explore the storyteller’s tool box.
Everyone uses stories; learn to use the story effectively as a vehicle to deliver your
message. At the end of this experience participants will:
- Understand why we use the story
- Gain knowledge of historical and current perspectives of the story
- Identify and practice using the elements of storytelling
- Experience and discover why and how a story captures ones attention
- Explore their storytelling styles